Sunday, September 20, 2009

What the heck is this PCCX thing, anyway?

A long time ago, in a room about 10 feet from here, PCCX was born. PCCX stands for PCC Extreme (Challenge). PCC in turn stands for Purple Chat and Challenge, a Yahoo group I didn't create but I am immensely grateful for. PCC takes basic housecleaning and maintenance chores and adds a rewards system of points, community challenges, and competition. After a while we decided to build on that with seasonal deep cleaning periods and what came was 4x yearly PCCX. We are about to embark on our 16th PCCX, and while all of us have had good intentions at least most of the time, to my knowledge no one has ever completed a full run. Well, maybe something new will help us keep on track...maybe? It's worth a shot, no?

So, I've asked a few of the Drill Team peeps to author their own progress with it this season, and I'll have mine, and I'll post the "official" assignments as they come, and maybe the combination will be a hit. I'll let all of them introduce themselves as they arrive to the party. For my part, I'm Amanda in north TX. I co-wrote the original PCCX list in 2005 and have written all the revisions since then. I manage a semi-rural household of 11: myself and hubby, my mom, my 4 kids (1, 6, 8, and 11), and 4 medium-large dogs. Ours is a 2000ish square foot house with 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a 1/2-acre lot. A little over 2 years ago I fell off the cleaning wagon and let it run down the road and over a cliff, never to be seen again. I've built myself a new wagon and I'm hanging on for dear life. I want this to work. I really, REALLY want this to work. So help a gal out and give a few props and I might see my floors again by Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment