Thursday, September 1, 2011

August In Review, September Preview

Technically the 50point bonus reminder came out Tuesday, but I figure as long as it's done by today - the day after the end of the month - it's worthy of the points.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

So, here's August by the numbers, cuz ya know, I'm a numbers gal:

5 - number of days I didn't track diddly
4 - number of days I only have points because I forced myself to add up the abysmal "accomplishments"
12 - number of days I exceeded the daily goal
93,215 - number of points earned all month
3,007 - average number of points earned per day
0.5 - number of pounds I lost
2 - number of pounds I gained back
3 - number of times I was called by a school in the first 8 days of the school year
4 - number of family and friends' birthdays
19 - number of trips to Sonic - that I can document
31 - number of days the temperature reached 100+
6 - number of medical appointments - none of them mine!
8,767 - number of emails and RSS posts I received and deleted
609 - number of Spark Points earned ((re)joined 8/18)

There was all the usual back-to-school fervor to contend with of course.  Clothes and supplies to buy, and mountains of paperwork to fill out, much of it repetitive.  I don't think there was anything else truly interfering with my progress last month other than inherent laziness and the semi-excusable time spent in bed with pain meds.

In September we have 3 birthdays to celebrate - heh, all on consecutive Mondays, how 'bout that.  A will be a teenager in less than 2 weeks; heaven help us all.  I have 7 medical appointments already on the docket and at least 1 more will be added after tomorrow's visit to the orthodontist, I'm sure.  This season of True Blood will come to a close and the next season of Boardwalk Empire will begin.  I'm anxious to see what the HBO winter headline show will be now that Big Love is finished.  Neither of my A-list network shows begin this month (House and Bones, premiering in Oct and Nov, respectively).  

In other words, there's not a whole lot going on that should impede any progress I'd like to make.  Next up, goal setting - but that's another show.

No comments:

Post a Comment