Last year, we had a leak and my dear husband just threw things back in after he fixed it. Um, thanks? I've just not had the inclination to go digging in there, overrun by cleaners, sponges and the like. But I about lost it the other day. You see, if we're getting low on dish detergent on the counter, and my father doesn't have more sitting right there in the front of the cabinet under the sink, he must go buy more.
|Clearly that bottle was not "in his face" because he bought 2 more.|
Yep, that big black spot is mold. Why? Remember I mentioned the water leak? Apparently my husband didn't bother to wipe it down. *Sigh* Gee....I wonder if I have any cleaners to handle that...
Now, you may think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. Under the sink included:
- A furniture cleaning set that we got when we purchased our couch 7 years ago. It's never been used. I tried throwing it out 2 years ago but my husband insisted we might need it someday.
- 3 boxes of Mr Clean Magic Erasers
- Vacuum bags (slightly water damaged)
- 2 different LCD cleaners & a bottle of a distilled water mixture for cleaning LCD's
- Can of air
- Furniture Polish and polish wipes
- Resolve, Oxy Clean floor cleaner and a Steam Vac Cleaner
- 4 plastics bags of various sponges (3 were opened). After removing the plastic bags, I ended up with 37 sponges.
- Bug Spray
- 2 cans of Lysol disinfectant (which smell really bad, so we don't use it but keep it???)
- 4 brushes
- 3 pairs of latex gloves
- 3 bottles of window cleaners
- 2 organizing racks
- 6 bottles of dish detergent
- 5 various household cleaners
- 3 different lime/rust cleaners
- 3 boxes of steel wool cleaners (My father said we were out and to add to my shopping list, so I did and bought some, but he didn't see I did, so he bought some and we already had some *sigh*)
- Murphy's Oil Soap
- A "garbage can" with more sponges in it....WTF??
- My coffee can of grease
- and lastly, 82 of those dish cloths/wipes (we don't use these)
Afterwards, I condensed as much as I could and put it all back all neat and organized and stuff.
After 3 hours, I was DONE!
my father entered the room and sat down.
He asked me about the black spot he saw under the sink while it was empty.
I explained it was mold from the water leak...
He then asked...
Did you use bleach?
*insert sigh of disgust here*
"Oh" he says..."I wasn't sure if you knew"
My brain went into overload...
Seriously?!? Are you friggin kidding me?!?!? I'm 40 years old!!! *Insert swear words here* Old man...*insert more swear words* Raised a family of three boys *insert more swear words* Only living here to help you out *insert more swear words* I need alcohol *insert more swear words*
Yes Dad, I knew.