Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What is wrong with me?

You know how "they" are always telling people who are trying to reach a goal or change something that the first step (or one of them) is to visualize themselves doing whatever it is they're trying to do?  I guess for some people who don't have confidence or faith or whatever this would be difficult.  I have no problem with that.  I can - and frequently do - picture myself with great clarity in the act of really getting down and dirty as it were, cleaning everything in sight.  It seems so easy, at least one bit at a time it is.  And yet I can't seem to get up and actually do it.  What's wrong with me?

I also really need to get over my aversion to using water to clean things.  I know, weird.  I tend to go out of my way to clean things with wipes or sprays or dusters or dry cloths instead of a good, old-fashioned bucket o' water and rags or sponges.  I think it has something to do with the thought of getting something clean only to have to deal with the puddles or drips or spills or whatever.  Dumb.

2 comments:

  1. I can envision the cleaning as well. It's the getting up part that's difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is wrong with YOU; the problem is with a society that expects women to keep their homes as spotless as June Cleaver's. June Cleaver didn't have a job outside the home, and if Wally and Beav left the kinds of messes kids do nowadays, Ward would have kicked their tuchim into next week!

    ReplyDelete